This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: nfsd and mountd
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at gmx dot net>
- To: "Robb, Sam" <sam dot robb at timesys dot com>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 13:22:39 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: RE: nfsd and mountd
On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, Robb, Sam wrote:
> Thanks for the testing and the feedback.
> New packages are available at http://www.oneparticularharbor.net/cygwin/.
> - Added (very) basic "nfs-server-config" script installed in /usr/bin.
I've downloaded today the sun-rpc + nfs-server packages and tried to play
a little bit with it. It works ok so far (very simple tests) but the
included nfs-server-config script wont work on my system.
Attached is a modified nfs-server-config script which works fine.
I've made the following changes:
* Use /dev/null instead of /dev/nul
* Fix the order of redirection so that the output of cygrunsrv is not
* Quote the word which indicates the end of the _here_document which
is used to create /etc/exports
I don't understand very well why the last change was necessary but it
fixed the following problem:
/usr/bin/nfs-server-config: 69: Syntax error: EOF in backquote substitution
On my machine /bin/sh is ash as Cygwin installs it.