RE: Setup vertical scrollbar doesn't display

> --- Richard Garrison <richardcgarrison@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >The vertical scrollbar in the setup (initiated from
> >the download now icon) doesn't display in my windows
> >XP pro (service pack 1 - mobile PIII) box. Using the
> >identical procedure on my windows 2k boxes works fine
> >(the scrollbar displays).
> >
> >I didn't find anything about this on the web, the
> >mailing list archives, or the FAQ (sorry in advance if
> >i was blind).

It has been discussed before.  Maybe you searched the wrong list, or used the
lists' built-in search.  Don't bother with the latter; use Google, it'll find
hits in the archive.

> >Tried changing the desktop theme to see if it was
> >somehow related...it wasn't.

There are a number of issues with the chooser window's scroll bar.  Well, two
that I can recall: sporadic scrolly-wheel ignoring, and even more sporadic
not-showing-up-at-all.  Both are machine-related somehow; e.g. on my XP machine
at home, the scrolly wheel always works, on my XP machine at work it always
doesn't.  I haven't looked into it yet, but I suspect there's something going on
with the parent/owner relationships or some such Windows arcanery.  It's on the
list.  This too will pass... eventually.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.