Re: "Mirrors list order is snafued" - What is the order supposedto be?

David Starks-Browning wrote:

If I may interject, I hope setup never does this automatically, not
even the first time it runs.  Can an arbitrary sort order be
acceptable by default, unless the user wants to sort by ping
performance?

What harm can do a single 50-byte UDP packet when there is high probabiilty that a real "connection" needshundreds of big TCP packets just to download setup.bz2?
Less harm than "people" using always the first mirror as they never re-order it, imho.

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
lapo@lapo.it (PGP & X.509 keys available)