Re: What is killing my links (.lnk)

Brian Keener wrote:
> Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 08:04:25PM -0500, Brian Keener wrote:
>>> Does anyone have any idea why my links are disappearing or probably
>>> better phrased as being broken.
>>
>> I don't know this is happening but this isn't the mailing list for
>> exploring the problem.
>>
> Well, in reviewing my original post I see I failed to mention that
> what I was actually inquiring into was whether or not the update of
> packages via setup on a Win2k system could be causing these broken
> links.  Cygwin-apps is the place we discuss setup correct???

Yes... but I don't think that this can be caused by setup. It's used by many
many people without problems.

Coupled with your other problems, I can only believe that your problem is
deeper than Cygwin goes. I'd try a full reinstall of Cygwin. If you have no
luck with that... then it is nothing to do with Cygwin - maybe time to
reinstall Windows?

> Since the only thing I have done of late with my copy of cygwin is
> keep the packages updated and update my sources and occasionally
> recompile, I have a feeling that there might be something in setup
> turning of the read only flag and not turning it back on which seems
> to be breaking the link.

No, can't think of any way setup could do that.

> Just a thought.  If with my clarification I am still in the wrong
> mailing list, my apologies and if no one else has run into this then
> it must be something on my system and again my apologies.

Its looking like some weird condition unique to your system.

Max.