Re: [ITP] rebase

Jason Tishler wrote:
On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 06:11:28PM -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:

Jason Tishler wrote:

Can I upload and release rebase?  Or, are there any more issues that
need to be addressed before the initial release?
Not a release stopper, but as a later enhancement, could we have a
--help option? Just copying the relevant paragraph from your readme
file should do.

When I link with popt.
Two things: (1) popt will lock you into cygwin, since we don't have a mingw version of it handy. But, since we've already decided that rebase will be a cygwin app, I guess 'lock-in' is no big deal. (2) But isn't rebase written in C++? If so, you'd probably be better off using Robert's GetOpt++ library instead -- which has the added benefit of easing rebase integration with/into setup, since setup already uses it.

--Chuck