This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
2 files related to xdvi missing in the latest teTeX distribution
- From: Volker Zell <Dr dot Volker dot Zell at oracle dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 14:36:07 +0100
- Subject: 2 files related to xdvi missing in the latest teTeX distribution
- Organization: Oracle Corporation
There are 2 files missing in the latest teTeX distro:
which used to be in the tetex-base package
which used to be in the tetex-bin package
otherwise you get errors like the following :
Could not find config file xdvi.cfg in path
"/usr/share/texmf/xdvi:/usr/share/texmf/web2c" - disabling T1lib.
Direct Type 1 (PostScript) font rendering has been disabled. You should
try to fix this error, since direct Type 1 font rendering gives you a
lot of benefits, such as:
- quicker startup time, since no bitmap fonts need to be generated;
- saving disk space for storing the bitmap fonts.
To fix this error, check that xdvi.cfg is located somewhere in your
XDVIINPUTS path. Have a look at the xdvi wrapper shell script (type
"which xdvi" to locate that shell script) for the current setting of
fcntl F_SETOWN (xdvi): Invalid argument