Re: when is next release of setup.exe

On Sat, 8 Mar 2003, Max Bowsher wrote:

> >> Neither will work.
> >> 2.249.2.5 won't compile with gcc3, or with gcc2 from a gcc2 package.
> >> It only works with the ancient gcc2 packaged as gcc.
> >
> > Yes. Right. Obviously if linda have followed the recent threads she
> > could avoid build problems. There is no need to rehash the long
> > discussion each time someone decides to compile setup.
>
> Rehash? Recent? Maybe I'm just forgetful, but I don't remember a long
> discussion. Certainly not recently.

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-02/msg00313.html
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-03/msg00162.html

There are maybe others.. the bison problem was discussed on both
cygwin & cygwin-apps.

> I *will* continue to help those who ask good questions about setup.

Do as you please. I don't see what was so good it that specific question.
It seem more that it was just an excercise.

I think that the the ones who want to build setup or any other software
are supposed to have some knowledge how to deal with problems which may arise
at build time.