This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: /etc/setup/setup.cfg ?
- From: "Zdenek Sekera" <z dot sekera at bluewin dot ch>
- To: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>,<cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 18:44:42 +0100
- Subject: RE: /etc/setup/setup.cfg ?
- Reply-to: <z dot sekera at bluewin dot ch>
> Max Bowsher wrote:
> Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> > There have been bits of persistent state that people wanted to store
> > for setup. I'm proposing an Xdefaults-style setup.cfg in /etc/setup.
> > If we compile a list of things to go in there, I could write a parser
> > for it (I don't think it merits yacc, like the one for setup.ini :-D).
> Ok, but we need to decide: Is this going to be user-edited, or
> I.e., there is no point in allowing comments, if they get removed
> every time
> setup re-writes the file.
You could use 'don't edit below this line' style, maybe.