Re: LPRng issues (fwd)

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Pavel Tsekov wrote:

> [...]

No problem. But if you wish to maintain LPRng I think sooner or later
you'll need to find a way to handle this mail issues.

> THe autom4te cache was left there because it is in the original source
> tarball that I downloaded from ftp.lprng.com.  I didn't have any errors
> when I ran the configure script myself (strange that you should have an
> error) which is why I didn't provide a patch for it.  In fact, I applied

It is not a fatal error - it doesn't stop configure. If you catch the
configure output you'll maybe see that it complains. If you don't see it I
can send the output from configure on my system. I configure using bash.

echo $ECHO_N "checking disable -Werror flag... $ECHO_C" >&6
# Check whether --enable-werror or --disable-werror was given.
if test "${enable_werror+set}" = set; then
  enableval="$enable_werror"

if test "$enableval" = "yes" ; then
        v=yes;  werror=" -Werror ";
else
        v=no; werror ="";
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^ The problematic line
fi

else

        v=yes;  werror=" -Werror ";

fi;

> no patches whatsoever.  I didn't regenerate configure or *.in.  The only
> difference between my source tarball and the original one is that this
> one is pre-configured (in case someone just wants to type "make").  If
> you'd prefer, I can certainly replace it with a pristine source tarball.
> I'm hesitant to drop the autom4te cache simply because then I really
> should provide a patch, and I have no desire to provide unnecessary
> patches.

You did good then. If something is in the original source tarball you
should keep it.

I'm not sure though that preconfiguring the package is a good idea -
what about if the guy who wants to use the source package doesn't have
OpenSSL installed and you had it ?

What about including a directory named CYGWIN-PATCHES in the source
tarball ? It should include the setup.hint file and the README file.
This will require a patch I guess.

If I am wrong, please, someone correct me.