This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup cvs-HEAD hangs intermittently when downloading
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Robert Collins <rbcollins at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com, Max Bowsher <maxb at ukf dot net>
- Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 20:01:43 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Setup cvs-HEAD hangs intermittently when downloading
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On 14 Mar 2003, Robert Collins wrote:
> If it's a hang and you're breaking in, try stepping through a bit -
> there may be infinite recursion or some such.
> If it's segfaulting.... the problem should be easier to debug.
Unfortunately, it's intermittent and not reliably reproducible. I'm not
at all sure what causes it. I'll try it next time I get it, though.
Frankly, I doubt it's infinite recursion - CPU usage is 0. I'm more
inclined to think there's a deadlock somewhere, or it's waiting for
something that doesn't notify... And it's not really hanging, either, in
that it gets Windows events and reacts to buttons correctly...
|\ _,,,---,,_ pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ igor at watson dot ibm dot com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!