This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ntsec & setup
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>,"Pierre A. Humblet" <Pierre dot Humblet at ieee dot org>
- Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 14:51:49 -0000
- Subject: Re: ntsec & setup
- References: <email@example.com>
Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> The patch below also introduces two changes:
> 1) Currently setup only attempts to change its default group to Users
> (or Administrators) if it is None. The patch tries all the time.
> I have not seen a case where it would hurt. There are typical scenarios
> where it helps, for example when inheritance gives rx access to Users
> but not to Everyone nor to the current user's group.
I'm curious: when is the user's primary group not None? Can you actually set
this anywhere in the Windows UI?