This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup crashes - backtrace
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at gmx dot net>
- To: Vince Hoffman <vince dot hoffman at uk dot circle dot com>
- Cc: Max Bowsher <maxb at ukf dot net>, Robert Collins <rbcollins at cygwin dot com>, <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 14:17:10 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: setup crashes - backtrace
On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Vince Hoffman wrote:
> If this is usefull (unlikely as i'm no programmer but hey ;)
> from gdb with the snapshot i got.
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /tmp/setup-2.340.2.3.exe
> warning: LOG: 2 Starting cygwin install, version 2.340.2.3
> warning: LOG: 2 Current Directory: g:\cygwin\tmp
> Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
> 0x78403330 in SHGetDiskFreeSpaceExA () from
Hmm this is very strange.So it is not msvcrt.dll then. Something is
messing with the code of SHGetDiskFreeSpaceExA - maybe the body of the
function is overwritten for some reason.