Re: setup (ini.cc) vs CVS mingw-runtime

On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 06:23, Danny Smith wrote:
> > Ergo, this will be a problem when the next mingw-runtime comes out.
> >
> > Danny, if you have a patch for either mingw or setup, that'd be great.
> > Does what you are suggesting impose any limitations on setup ?
> >

> Probably simplest (for per-file override of _CRTIMP) is just to add
>
> #define _CRTIMP
>
> before including any other header.
>
> My preference, however, is to #define _CRTIMP as nothing by default in
> _mingw.h,
> thus reverting to old behaviour.  And then add another condition like,
> #if __USE_CRTIMP, to enable it.

This is my preference too. Can such a change be made before the next
mingw-runtime release?

The performance hit Earnie mentions would be a little annoying, and not
a major headache, but adding a compiler flag with global effect to
workaround a library limitation (and preventing user overload of fprintf
is a library/header limitation) just seems wrong.

Rob

--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.