Questions

Hi There,

About two weeks ago I subscribed to this list, and proposed a new
package.  Since then I've seen one e-mail message acknowledging the
proposal was received on the list.  I have not seen any further
discussions on any package proposals.  Not the one I proposed, not any
other of the proposals mentioned in the same e-mail.

I have some questions:  The e-mail acknowledging the proposal listed
categories such as if the package is reviewed, how many votes it has
received etc.  Where do I find out more information about the actual
procedure?  Who can review the package?  Who can vote?  What do I need to
present to bring about a vote?  If I ask people on the sourceforge site
to subscribe to this list, would there votes count?  Should I ask people
to post testimonials as to why they would like to see the package added
to cygwin?

I am very confused.  So far I have seen no discussions about adding
packages.  Most of the messages have been on "setup.exe" bugs.  When I
checked through the list of mailing lists for cygwin, I seem to remember
setup.exe and other core Cygwin libraries having their own list.  If that
is not the case they should have a list.

What is the purpose of this list?  Is there a moderator?  If my package
does get removed, is it acceptable for me to filter this list for just
DjVuLibre in the subject line or body of the message?

                             Bill
--
  Dr Bill C Riemers
  docbill at emailuser dot net