Re: ctags 5.5

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 11:24:57AM +1200, Simon Liddington wrote:
>  Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >When running `./ctags -R .' in the ctags build directory, it coredumps.
> >
> >Did you see the same problem?  It didn't happen on Linux but I hadn't
> >the time to debug that further.
>
> It works ok for me. Is it processing a particular file? If so send it to
> me and I'll try it here.

I just tried the same with your ctags and it dumps core the same way.
It happens if you cd into the ctags source tree and call `ctags -R .'.
Error message:

  ctags: Warning: ctags.html:11: null expansion of name pattern "\2"
  Segmentation fault (core dumped)

But I found that this only happens with Cygwin from CVS, not in 1.3.22.
So it's apparently a Cygwin bug.

> One thing I should mention too. I have not enabled reading ctags.cnf
> files, leaving it to only read .ctags config files. I beleive the
> current version in cygwin reads both. Do you see this as a problem, as I
> could always change it?

How do you do this?  I haven't found a configure option for this.

Btw., you should remove the empty /etc/postinstall dir from the binary
package.

Cygwin Developer                                mailto:cygwin at cygwin dot com
Red Hat, Inc.