Re: Proposal: cygwin service activation tool.

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 11:23:36AM -0400, Bill C Riemers wrote:
>However, considering how difficult it is to get even an existing
>package approved for adding to the cygwin distribution, I figured it
>would be better to have a discussion before I attempt to write such a
>tool.

It is not difficult to get a package approved.  Enough people have to
think it's interesting to vote for it.  The only easier method I can think
of is to automatically give people access whenever they want it.  Obviously
that's not going to work.

Anyway, you're stretching the rules by proposing a nonexistent package here.
This isn't a list for vaporware.  I would appreciate it if you would get
your feedback from the main cygwin list.  That's really the correct place
for this type of discussion.

cgf