This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: astksh review
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 00:40:44 +0100
- Subject: Re: astksh review
- References: <000f01c31e5f$1e3a00b0$2601a8c0@brws7002>
Karsten Fleischer wrote:
>>> I could check for existance of a ksh symlink in the
>> postinstall script
>>> and create it if it's missing.
>> That's precisely what you should do. All of this "create a symlink"
>> talk is *specifically* about doing it in the postinstall
>> script. That's
>> the whole point.
> OK, that's what I wanted to hear.
> How should I deal with a symlink already present?
Do nothing - allow the user's choice to remain.
> Are postinstall scripts allowed to be interactive (e.g. ask the user via