Re: pcre packages

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 03:54:16PM +0200, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
> So, I've uploaded the latest versions. Please let me know
> * if anyone has any objections to the granularity of these packages
> * if the setup.hint file is OK

It would be nice if you could split up your setup.hint file into single
setup.hint files for each of the packages.  The reason is that each
package is put into its own subdirectory with its own setup.hint file
and so you'd immensly help the uploading person...

Btw., I'd split the `ldesc's into multiple lines.  Currently they consist
of one very long line, more than 80 characters.

> * anything else..

Yes, it's more of the "anything else" category.  The packages aren't
following the naming convention.  They should be named e.g

  pcre-doc-4.2-1.tar.bz2

instead of

  pcre-4.2-1-doc.tar.bz2

See what I mean?  They are handled as different packages, called
pcre, pcre-doc, pcre-devel, etc. and the names should match that.

> http://blytkerchan.chez.tiscali.fr/libpcre-4.1-1-src.tar.bz2
> http://blytkerchan.chez.tiscali.fr/libpcre-4.1-1.tar.bz2
> http://blytkerchan.chez.tiscali.fr/libpcre0-4.2-1.tar.bz2
> http://blytkerchan.chez.tiscali.fr/pcre-4.2-1-devel.tar.bz2