Re: minires-0.95 - a new package ready for review

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 03:21:26AM +0300, Jari Aalto+list.cygwin-apps
wrote:
>> Fixed. New build round now at:
>>
>> http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/minires/minires-0.95-1-src.tar.bz2
>> http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/minires/minires-0.95-1.tar.bz2
>
> Wget worked fine so I could download the package finally.
>
> I think the postinstall script needs a bit work.  ln -s is called if
> there's not already a regular file with the same name.  But that doesn't
> help if there's already a symlink with the same name exists.  In that
> case the ln -s command will fail with an error message "File exists".
> Perhaps the script should test that as well.
>
> Another problem:  The InstallLibraries function installs a symlink from
> libminires.dll.a to libresolv.dll.a.  Why not also a symlink from
> libminires.a to libresolv.a?
>
> Other than that it gets my vote.

Jari Aalto has produced quite a complex build system there. Since this
package is neither "Method One" nor "Method Two", we need to decide whether
we are creating a "Method Three", or trying to merge the best features of
"Two" and "Three" into a "Method Two++".

Max.