Building gcc

Hi,

I plan to have a development suite targeted to arm platform (arm-elf-tools) (gcc, as, ld, objcopy, etc) for Cywin. I know it is possible to build up gcc 3.2 as cross-compiler.
I think need a specific gcc (ver. 3.2 or 3.3) & binutils & gdb & newlib/libc. I do not have so much experience in Cygwin building development tools.

Does anybody has experience how I could build up this kind of tools? What I should I keep in mind firstly to build a tools for cygwin?

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Daniel