This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
ncurses, call for assistance
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 01:24:14 -0400
- Subject: ncurses, call for assistance
I noticed that libncurses5-5.2-1 is currently distributed without
source. While that library is no longer current (far from it), it is
possible that some users may still be using binaries that link against it.
Therefore, I'd like to keep it on the server for another few months at
least. However, one of the problems with 'external-source:' is that
when the "parent" becomes obsolete, the maintainer (that's absent-minded
me) must remember to
1) change the DLL package's setup.hint to no longer say external-source
2) move a copy of the parent's -src package into the DLL package's
directory, suitably renamed.
Apparently, I did not do this. So, I'm looking for
as originally distributed via the cygwin mirrors. I can't find it in my
own archives, and it's long since disappeared from the net.
Or I'll have to (prematurely?) remove that compatibility DLL.