This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: the big switch?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 09:37:21 -0400
- Subject: Re: the big switch?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 03:05:02PM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
>I've just returned from a week's holiday, so I haven't read all
>traffic; but I fail to find information on the big abi switch.
>However, it seems that 1.5.3 is now [curr]ent, but a lot of TEST/1.5.x
>packages do not seem to be switched?
>I assume this, eg, will break badly.
Older applications work FINE with 1.5.x. I think I need to change my
>Is this an oversight, or anything required from package maintainers?
There is nothing new. If the package maintainers want to change their
packages from test to current, they have to notify us here and someone
will flip the switch.