This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
--dos and --unix flags for cygultils/getclip.exe
- From: "Rob S.i.k.l.o.s." <rob2 at siklos dot ca>
- To: <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:45:59 -0400
- Subject: --dos and --unix flags for cygultils/getclip.exe
This is mostly an e-mail for Charles Wilson, but anyone can feel free to
I noticed (from the cygutils TODO file) that these needed to be implemented,
so I figured I'd take it on. Just some questions/observations though:
1) "getclip > myfile" gives me a DOS format file with an "invalid CR/LF
combination" (according to EditPlus) at the end of the file.
2) "getclip | cat > myfile" gives me a proper DOS formatted file
I implemented --unix, and I noticed (in addition to the above):
3) getclip --unix > myfile gives me a proper DOS formatted file
4) getclip --unix | cat > myfile gives me a proper UNIX formatted file
I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but $MAKE_MODE = unix
So my big questions are:
a) why does the result from (1) messed up?
b) why is the output file from (3) in DOS format?
c) why does piping through 'cat' make a difference?
d) since the output file from (2) is in proper DOS format, can I assume
that --dos is the original behaviour?