This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rootless cygwin emacs howto?
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Thomas L Roche <tlroche at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com, cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 22:49:01 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: rootless cygwin emacs howto?
- References: <OFB194F807.CE2BEC20-ON85256D9D.000A7962-85256D9D.000C22F5@us.ibm.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Thomas L Roche wrote:
> I've been running NTEmacs for awhile, and Cygwin for awhile, but have
> only occasionally used X. I'd like to cut over to the cygwinized
> Emacs if I can keep a single desktop, i.e. run X rootless. Could
> someone point me to a howto illustrating setup and running of the
> cygwin Emacs on X, rootlessly? (If possible, please also CC: me.)
> Apologies if this is a FAQ, but I tried Googling
> cygwin emacs rootless
> (i.e. not the phrase) and saw only claims that it can be done.
There was no need to cross-post to cygwin-apps -- your question belongs on
the cygwin-xfree list, which possesses the necessary expertise to answer
your question. Please remove cygwin-apps from future discussion on this
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton