This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Proposal: tetrix
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: "Andrew B. Clegg" <september2003 at nervechannel dot nildram dot co dot uk>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:09:24 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Proposal: tetrix
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Andrew B. Clegg wrote:
> I'd like to propose adding tetrix (ESR's seminal curses-based version of
> Tetris) to the games section, because I like to see Cygwin being utilised
> for serious, heavyweight open-source development projects ;-)
Darn! And here I was about to propose "angband"... :-D
> But seriously... I'd like to get the hang of creating and contributing
> packages before I get my teeth into something more substantial -- e.g.
> I've compiled cdrtools for Cygwin and would like to maintain it as a
> package, but I want some experience of packaging something trivial
> before starting on something that large and complex.
> Is this a really silly idea? Or can I go ahead and start packaging it up?
FWIW, I'd vote for it. We need to show Windows-bound people that Unix can
be fun, too.
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton