This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Posting from an unsubscribed address
- From: Daniel Reed <n at ml dot org>
- To: "Andrew B. Clegg" <september2003 at nervechannel dot nildram dot co dot uk>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:41:01 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Posting from an unsubscribed address
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 2003-09-10T17:32+0100, Andrew B. Clegg wrote:
) Is there a way of posting to this list from an address other than the one
) you're subscribed with? the global-allow function just seems to bypass the
) spamblockers, not the subscribers-only rule.
Since these lists appear to be managed by ezmlm, you should be able to make
use of the "-allow" sublist. You can subscribe to cygwin-apps with your
permanent address, and subscribe to cygwin-apps-allow with your posting
To subscribe to cygwin-apps, you sent an email to
<email@example.com>; similarly, to subscribe to
cygwin-apps-allow you can send an email to
For cygwin, you should be able to subscribe to cygwin-allow by sending an
email to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Daniel Reed <email@example.com> http://naim-users.org/nmlorg/ http://naim.n.ml.org/
Punishment often increases the feelings of estrangement and strengthens
the power of resistance. -- Friedrich Nietzsche, German Philosopher