This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mingw-zlib not available in setup.ini (Was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] NEW: mingw-zlib-1.1.4-4)
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 11:52:37 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: mingw-zlib not available in setup.ini (Was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] NEW: mingw-zlib-1.1.4-4)
- References: <20030907084832.E3F556C749@redhat.com><Pine.GSO.email@example.com> <20030908142331.GB5065@redhat.com><Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20030908151538.GD5065@redhat.com><3F5D4669.email@example.com> <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org><20030911154141.GC6508@redhat.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 09:29:14AM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> >I noticed something unusual with the directory structure for mingw-zlib:
> >it's not in its own directory, but rather in a subdirectory of a new
> >"mingw" directory in "release". Perhaps as a consequence of that, it's
> >not in setup.ini (not on the mirrors I've checked, anyway). At a guess,
> >upset got upset at either that or something in mingw-zlib's setup.hint
> >(though a cursory glance doesn't show anything wrong with it).
> > Igor
> >P.S. I'm not entirely sure if this is a cygwin-apps issue...
> I don't know if someone just fixed this or not but this is surely available
> in setup.ini. I'm downloading it now, in fact.
Hmm, must be my mirrors. I tried <ftp://archive.progeny.com/cygwin/>,
FWIW, I just used <ftp://ftp.nas.nasa.gov/mirrors/cygwin.com/pub/cygwin/>,
and it does have mingw-zlib in setup.ini. The timestamp on setup.ini is
half an hour ago, though, so someone must've just fixed this.
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton