This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
port of NIS client tools available
- From: Joe Buehler <jbuehler at hekimian dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:12:57 -0400
- Subject: port of NIS client tools available
- Organization: Spirent Communications, Inc.
- References: <20030912091114.GD9981@cygbert.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: jbuehler at hekimian dot com
If anyone is interested, I have ported a version of linux's
NIS client software to Cygwin. The ypbind, ypcat,
ypmatch and ypwhich programs all seem to work OK.
Some other binaries build, but I have not tested them.
I have not done any integration into other parts of
Cygwin such as login or rshd (yet). Nor have I packaged
this in Cygwin format.
For the moment, you can find the files at:
There are three linux tar files, a script to build and install
from the tar files, and the output from one of my builds.
One thing I found was that Cygwin's getdomainname() function returns
the DNS domain name. It is supposed to return the NIS domain name.
Reasonable behavior, I suppose, since Cygwin does not support NIS.