This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
NIS-aware rshd and rlogind available
- From: Joe Buehler <jbuehler at hekimian dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:28:43 -0400
- Subject: NIS-aware rshd and rlogind available
- Organization: Spirent Communications, Inc.
- References: <20030912091114.GD9981@cygbert.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: jbuehler at hekimian dot com
The (unmodified) linux/GNU source tarballs and a build script for
building NIS client tools and NIS-aware versions of rshd and rlogind
for Cygwin can be found at:
Please note that this is based on somewhat old NIS code and is
susceptible to attack by someone who has control of a DNS server,
so don't use this for anything where you need real security...
I am still working on augmenting getpw* etc. in the Cygwin DLL itself
and will make that available when I'm done.