This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Updated on sourceware[Requires Cygwin 1.5.3+]: XFree86-bin-4.3.0-3,XFree86-prog-4.3.0-5, XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-10, and XFree86-[fsrv,nest,prt,vfb]-4.3.0-2
- From: Harold L Hunt II <huntharo at msu dot edu>
- To: cygx <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>, cygxannounce <cygwin-xfree-announce at cygwin dot com>, cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 18:57:53 -0400
- Subject: Updated on sourceware[Requires Cygwin 1.5.3+]: XFree86-bin-4.3.0-3,XFree86-prog-4.3.0-5, XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-10, and XFree86-[fsrv,nest,prt,vfb]-4.3.0-2
The following packages have been updated in the Cygwin distribution:
1) General - Recompile all libraries and executables for Cygwin 1.5.3+.
2) cygwin.cf - Define HasExpat as YES. This adds a dependency on
Cygwin's expat lib, but it removes the distribution of an out of date
version of expat that was included with the XFree86 source code.
(Gerrit P. Haase, Harold L Hunt II, Alexander Gottwald)
3) cygwin.cf - Ditch "-DNO_ALLOCA" and replace with "-DINCLUDE_ALLOCA_H"
for AllocateLocalDefines. (Nicholas Wourms)
4) cygwin.cf - Ditch "-DUSE_XWCHAR_STRING -DUSE_XMBTOWC" and use
"-DHAS_WCHAR_H -DHAS_WCTYPE_H -DHAS_ISW_FUNCS -DNO_WIDEC_H" for
XawI18nDefines. (Nicholas Wourms)
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link
on the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to
your system. Save it and run setup, answer the questions and pick
up 'XFree86-xserv' from the 'XFree86' category. You may need to
click the "Full" button if it doesn't show up.
Note that downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka cygwin.com) aren't
allowed due to bandwidth limitations. This means that you will need
to find a mirror which has this update.
In the US, ftp://archive.progeny.com/cygwin/
is a reliable high bandwidth connection.
In Japan, ftp://ftp.u-aizu.ac.jp/pub/gnu/gnu-win32/ is usually
In DK, http://mirrors.sunsite.dk/cygwin/ is usually up-to-date.
If one of the above doesn't have the latest version of this package
you can either wait for the site to be updated or find another
Please send questions or comments to the Cygwin/XFree86 mailing list at:
email@example.com . If you want to subscribe go to:
http://cygwin.com/lists.html I would appreciate if you would use
this mailing list rather than emailing me directly. This includes
ideas and comments about the setup utility or Cygwin/XFree86 in general.
If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin/XFree86 mailing
list is the appropriate place.