Re: UPDATED: mutt-1.4.1-1

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 02:17:44PM -0500, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
>   Maybe a sample postinstall
> script too.

A sample postinstall script for something like this?

  #!/bin/sh
  if [ ! -f "/etc/Muttrc" ]
  then
    cp /etc/defaults/etc/Muttrc /etc
  fi
  if [ ! -f "/etc/mime.types" ]
  then
    cp /etc/defaults/etc/mime.types /etc
  fi

To me that's like breaking a fly on a wheel.

> Can we upload this one, and wait for -2 for the fancy stuff?  I can warn about
> the /etc files being overwritten in the announcement.  I see and agree with your
> point, but I'd hate to wait another few "mutt weeks" to get this out,
> considering the length of a typical "mutt week" ;-).

"The package is ok with me but please consider an update."

So, yes, it can be uploaded.  I just fail to see what's so complicated
with the above postinstall script that it might take weeks.

Red Hat, Inc.