RE: [Review 2 - Good to go] gd: A graphics library for fast image creation

> Hmm... just noticed that you have libgd2 and libgd2-devel... I was under
> the impression that you should stick the DLL version in the libgd
> package name, which you did, but I thought that the DLL version number
> was *not* included in the -devel package name.
>
> It seems to me that the devel package should be called:
>
> libgd-devel
>

> Anyone care to comment on this?

It would be nice to say that versioned devels are never necessary, but
unless the internals of the package are designed so as to be able to coexist
with future version devels (like libgd2 would be), there isn't any point
versioning them, and hence should not be so.