Jari Aalto's packages --- Re: Pending Packages List, 2003-12-23

Daniel Reed wrote:
Package: ploticus 2.11-1  [2003-09-15]
   Proposer: Jari Aalto
   Proposal: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-09/msg00165.html
             http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/ploticus/ploticus-2.11-1.tar.bz2
             http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/ploticus/ploticus-2.11-1-src.tar.bz2
             http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/ploticus/setup.hint
  Aye votes: Ronald Landheer-Cieslak [1/3]
   HOLD-UPS: Not enough votes (need 2 more). No "good to go" review.

I had actually reviewed all of Jari's packages and found a few generic problems with his build/packaging script. I noted these problems and requested that he fix them before I reviewed any of his packages again. This is a little different than "no 'good to go' review", this is more of a "unresolved problems" review.

I don't know if Jari met some bad fate in the mean time, if he didn't like the request I made to fix some generic problems, or if he has just been busy, but I don't recall getting a response from him or hearing from him in general since my reviews.

I really wish that he would fix those generic problems with the build script (like continually appending the package version number to the build script in the -src tarball, so you start getting ploticus-2.11-1-2.11-1-2.11-1.sh if you try to build from the source package on two occasions). If he did that then most of his packages would be good to go.

I'll try to contact him again privately, but if he doesn't respond mid-January we should probably drop his ITPs from the PPL.

Harold