Re: [Review - still no go] boxes

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Jari Aalto+mail.linux wrote:

> * Mon 2004-02-16 Igor Pechtchanski
>
> Fixes now in:
>     mkdir boxes ; cd boxes
>     wget -q -O - http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/boxes/get.sh | sh
> Excellent eyeballing. Thank you.

Glad I could help.  Some leftover problems:

1) Binary: the manpage is now not compressed, but is otherwise identical
to the previous version, i.e., it still contains --GLOBALCONF-- and
--BVERSION--.  Guess it *is* tricky[*]. :-)

The fact that the manpage is not compressed in the binary package is
weird, since building from source *does* compress it.

2) Patch: GLOBALCONF is still set in two places, and erroneously in the
second (i.e., it's set to $(DESTDIR)/usr/share/boxes/boxes.conf, which is
wrong when DESTDIR is overridden).  I guess that's why you have to
explicitly reset it in build.sh...

These are the only two problems I've seen.

> | 8) The script will put the build files in /usr/src/cygwin-packages.  I do
> | NOT want any script to muck with my /usr/src unless I run it from there.
> | The package build should be contained under the current directory.
>
> I'm surprised if it did that with command "all". Could you send me the
> details from the message if this happens again. The only way the
> script can make such a move is by calling command "publish".

I'm sorry, I guess I jumped the gun.  I took a look at the script, saw a
hard-coded "/usr/src/..." path, changed it to something harmless, and
didn't look too much further.  An appropriate comment would have done
wonders here. :-)  In any case, as far as the package review is concerned,
this is a non-issue.

> | 12) The build doesn't happen in boxes-20000401/.build, it happens directly
> | in boxes-20000401...
>
> Can't change that at the moment. Just bear with that for now. I'll
> address this in later versions of cygbuild.
>
> | 13) The script leaves the boxes-20000401 directory behind...  Don't know
> | if it should be expected to clean it up, though...
>
> It now runs "finish".

The two comments above were nits, anyway.
	Igor
[*] This may have something to do with "cp $(OBJS_MAN).in $(OBJS_MAN)" in
line 225 of the patch.
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu