Re: i'd like to submit dictd into cygwin

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 07:39:00PM -0500, Dennis wrote:
> actually, this package, which i ripped and compiled from debian's latest
> sources, includes dict, dictd, dictfmt and dictzip
>
> unfortunately, i found the package setup instructions quite cumbersome, and
> i am unable to devote too much time to maintain this package - so i was
> hoping someone with more experience could submit this package faster =)

Dennis,

Can you describe what abou the instructions you found cumbersome?
We're always looking to improve the documentation. I admit that there
are quite a few steps rhave things equired to create a package, keep in mind
that anyone with some basic Linux skills can run ./configure, make, make
install--packages have quite a bit of information for Cygwin users.

For example, I notice that your binary package does not contain a
any documentation. How are users going to know how to set up dictd on their
machine? Also all packages should have a README file in /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/
that details things such as what is required to rebuild the package from
source, the homepage for the project (looks like <http://www.dict.org/>),
and so on.

If you're still interested in submitting dictd, fix some of these problems with
the proposed package so we can review the functionality.
Thanks.