Re: Heads-up: postinstall scripts and PATH (Attn all packagemaintainers)

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 07:04, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Wow.  I can't believe I fell into this trap.  I have been writing shell
> scripts for a long long time and should know better.
>
> Thanks for the heads up.  I suspect that this accounts for some strange
> installation problems.
>
> Would it be worthwhile to just have setup.exe put /bin first in the path
> when running these things?  I know that the absolutely correct solution
> is to use absolute path names in these scripts but people are going
> to forget, so...

void
init_run_script ()
{
[..]
  char old_path[_MAX_PATH];
  GetEnvironmentVariable ("PATH", old_path, sizeof (old_path));
  SetEnvironmentVariable ("PATH", backslash (cygpath ("/bin") + ";" +
                                             cygpath ("/usr/bin") + ";"
+
                                             old_path).cstr_oneuse());
 [...]