Re: Heads-up: postinstall scripts and PATH (Attn all package maintainers)

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 03:00:11PM -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> cygwin-doc-postinstall.sh: cygpath, mkshortcut, zcat, rm, install-info
> 	Note: this script also uses bash syntax, but has #!/bin/sh at
> 	the top.  I believe we can safely assume that bash will be present
> 	on the system by the time postinstall scripts run.

The sad part is that the bash-specific stuff (to delete catman pages if they
exist) wouldn't have worked anyway since the script does't look in the FHS
place anyway.

It's time for a new cygwin-doc anyway, I'll get the postinstall
(and preremove) scripts fixed and get it out the door.