Re: emacs 21.2-13 available

On Mar 16 14:54, Joe Buehler wrote:
> I haven't uploaded anything in a while so please let me know if
> there are any new requirements on the part of Cygwin package
> maintainers or packages...
>
> New GNU emacs package files are available at:
>
> http://68.98.176.216:3000/cygwin/emacs-21.2-13/emacs-21.2-13-src.tar.bz2
> http://68.98.176.216:3000/cygwin/emacs-21.2-13/emacs-21.2-13.tar.bz2
> http://68.98.176.216:3000/cygwin/emacs-21.2-13/emacs-X11/emacs-X11-21.2-13.tar.bz2
> http://68.98.176.216:3000/cygwin/emacs-21.2-13/emacs-X11/setup.hint
> http://68.98.176.216:3000/cygwin/emacs-21.2-13/emacs-ctags/emacs-ctags-21.2-13.tar.bz2
> http://68.98.176.216:3000/cygwin/emacs-21.2-13/emacs-el/emacs-el-21.2-13.tar.bz2
> http://68.98.176.216:3000/cygwin/emacs-21.2-13/emacs-el/setup.hint
> http://68.98.176.216:3000/cygwin/emacs-21.2-13/setup.hint
>
> Changes:
>
> - recompile against latest XFree86 (the major reason for this release)
> - setup.hint changes due to rearrangements of various required runtime
> libraries
> - moved documentation from /usr/doc to /usr/share/doc

Note that I'm not an emacs user so I can't tell if the binary works or
not.  These are just packaging observations:

- The info pages are still in /usr/info, they should be in /usr/share/info.

- Ditto for /usr/man vs. /usr/share/man.

- Don't supply emacs-ctags.  It conflicts with the ctags package which
  provides an emacs independent ctags (and etags).

- The emacs-21.2-13.tar.bz2 as well as the emacs-X11/emacs-X11-21.2-13.tar.bz2
  provide a /usr/bin/emacs.exe binary.  So the emacs packages conflict
  with each other.

Red Hat, Inc.