Re: RFC: Packaging O'Caml

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> Igor schrieb:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > In the course of my real job duties, I built O'Caml under Cygwin.  It
> > builds OOTB, and, even though there seem to be some minor packaging issues
> > to be worked out, looks like it'll be easy to package nicely, so I was
> > considering ITPing it.
>
> +1 vote from me.

Thanks, Gerrit.  At this stage, though, I'm less concerned with getting
the votes, and more with the licensing issues.  BTW, you ported the
earlier versions of O'Caml to Cygwin, didn't you?

> > However, parts of it are released under the "Q  Public license", which
> > GNU lists explicitly as non-GPL-compatible.  Does  this mean an
> > automatic "no" to an official Cygwin package, or does anyone  know of
> > anything that could be done to enable it?
>
> Huh?  It is OSI certified: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/qtpl.php

Yes, but GPL incompatible (<http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html>).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw