Re: [setup] CVS module conflicts?

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Max Bowsher wrote:

> Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Incidentally, the "setup" module in the cygwin-apps CVS is defined as
> > "setup &libgetopt++", which results in conflict messages during checkout:
> >
> > cvs checkout: move away setup/libgetopt++/.cvsignore; it is in the way
> > C libgetopt++/.cvsignore
> > cvs checkout: move away setup/libgetopt++/COPYING; it is in the way
> > C libgetopt++/COPYING
> > cvs checkout: move away setup/libgetopt++/ChangeLog; it is in the way
> > C libgetopt++/ChangeLog
> > cvs checkout: move away setup/libgetopt++/tests/testoption.cc; it is in
> > the way
> > C libgetopt++/tests/testoption.cc
> >
> > Is there a need to add libgetopt++ explicitly?  Are the above messages
> > normal?  If they aren't, what am I doing wrong?
>
> For testing, try running "cvs co setup" in an empty directory.
> Those messages should not occur.
> If they do, then something is weird with your environment.
> They don't occur for me.

Nope, I don't get them on an empty directory.  However, I have a (perhaps
incorrect) habit of doing a "cvs checkout module" from the top-level dir
instead of "cvs update" from the module directory, to make sure I've
picked up all the parts of the module (even if it got redefined in the
meantime).  After the initial checkout, all subsequent checkouts produce
the above message.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw