Re: Possible bug with generic build script.

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Gareth Pearce wrote:
>
> > While I was packaging cyrus-sasl I ran into an odd issue with the
> > installed documentation.  I attempted to add doc/*.html to the
> > install_docs variable, this failed.  Oddly doc/*.fig worked - but
> > there was only one doc/*.fig file ChangeLog* also worked, and there
> > was only one ChangeLog file.  It looks like variable expansion occurs
> > at -f ${srcdir}/$f in the for loop, which looks broken to me (I am not
> > a shell expert).
>
> You're right, it *is* broken.  It was never intended to be used with
> subdirectories, so I never tested it.  I'll try to come up with a way of
> accomodating subdirs shortly.
>
> > In the end I changed the contents of install_docs to be all of the
> > form ${srcdir}/<filename> and remove the ${srcdir}/ from the two lines
> > inside the for loop where they are actually installed.  This fixed the
> > problem, although now that I look again, I can't remember why.
> >
> > Perhaps someone with some decent shell experience can see the best
> > solution here?
>
> Thanks for the heads-up.
> 	Igor

Actually, try the attached patch.  If it doesn't work for you, then I'll
try something more elaborate.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw