Re: RFC: generate automatic setup.hint with g-b-s?

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, Reini Urban wrote:

> Gerrit P. Haase schrieb:

> > > I doubt it.  Care to write one?  In fact, perhaps we should add a
> > > setup.hint template file ("generic-setup.hint"?), and use that
> > > instead of embedding the setup.hint contents into the g-b-s...
> >
> > Well, just thought about it, it could be similar to the depend()
> > function, just print out the dependcies in one line without versions,
> > so I could copy and paste it, that would be sufficient (for the
> > beginning), ideally it could be done in the depend() function as well,
> > since we already have the data, so why not provide different formats?
>
> requires is already in my patch I posted last week.

You mean, that big one with lots of stuff in it?  Any plans to split it?

> sdesc and ldesc are a bit hard to retrieve.

...Not if you have a setup.hint template...

> external-source would be easy.

Great.  When can I expect the patch? ;-)
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw