Updated: chere-0.4-1

I've updated the chere package to address the network path and tcsh/ash issues
reported on the main list.

Sorry for the delay, but I was investigating a more complicated, but possibly
better solution. It may still work, but I thought I'd knock out a quick fix
first.

Notes
----
A new script is added (xhere) which is invoked by the registry keys.
This script requires bash.
Also requires cooperation of login scripts to not cd $HOME if the environment
variable CHERE_INVOKING is present.
The previous behaviour can be obtained with the -1 switch.
man page not yet ready.
New behaviour untested on XP/NT/95/98/ME - this is important because it now
relies on windows to change directory for us. We can't pass the directory
because we almost always end up with "... '%L'" and break network paths.

Because of this last, I've set this as a test release in the .hint

http://www.geocities.com/d_inabox/chere_0.4-1.tar.bz2.zip
http://www.geocities.com/d_inabox/setup.hint.txt

Please remove the .zip and .txt extensions.

I'm not sure if
a) this version should just be uploaded,
b) we wait base-files/shell updates first,
c) have a quick review,
d) wait for feedback on XP/NT/95/98/ME

Regards,

Dave.

FYI, the work in progress is intended to work something like:
1) Windows style program sits in the taskbar
2) Registry click -> same program restarted with various args which are passed
to the previous instance (via windows message). New instance exits.
3) If necessary start appropriate login shell with stdin set to a pipe
4) non-login command sent through pipe to existing login shell to start in
appropriate directory.

I have 1,2 working. Having issues with the pipe at the moment - it doesn't look
like the shell is running the commands being sent.

What's the benefit of this you ask. Not alot. Login script cooperation not
required. Behaviour would be more similar to UNIX (in that you will only have 1
login shell of a given type open at a time). This should work across all
platforms (in case 0.4-1 doesn't). Eliminates xhere, but adds an executable. Can
include run.exe style console hiding. Kinda OTT.

Probably won't be doing too much on this unless 0.4-1 doesn't work out or people
scream for it.