Re: setup.exe sizes openldap-2-2-15

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Reini Urban wrote:

Reini Urban schrieb:
Dr. Volker Zell schrieb:
Christopher Faylor writes:
    > I don't see it anywhere.  The closest thing I see is:
    > libopenldap2_2_7/libopenldap2_2_7-2.2.17-1.tar.bz2

That's ok. I don't know what Reini is seeing.

Unfortunately I didn't make a screenshot and did't backup this setup.ini in
question.
But it is fixed now indeed.
Looks like a ini parser problem.

Ok, I reproduced it and have a screenshot: http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/temp/setup-libopenldap-2-15-2.png This is with my setup fixes, which substr's the version at 45. [snip]

This raises another interesting feature request -- internationalizing setup's messages and dialogs. Same way that the "Back", "Next", and "Cancel" buttons are translated into German... We could have a "translate Cygwin setup into your language" effort similar to Google's (though likely not with the same response rate)...

AFAIK, there are 2 ways to do it.

1. Insist that *every* string in setup ends up in a windows "resource".
2. Try to come up with some way to use gettext.

I much prefer having english strings in the source code, rather than #defined constants, which is what the windows resource solution requires.

Max.