On Mon, 15 Nov 2004, Dave wrote:

> Changes:
>
>  * New man page in /usr/share/man/man1
>  * Allows current user only install
>  * Better handling of registry keys
>
> Please upload at your convenience.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/d_inabox/chere-0.5-2.tar.bz2
> http://www.geocities.com/d_inabox/setup.hint
>
> Given that base files has been updated, the latest chere will now work
> with ash, bash and pdksh. tcsh and zsh startup scripts (csh.login,
> zprofile) are still part of the shell packages.
>
> Corinna/Peter - what are the chances of an update or migration of these
> files to base-files?

Updating the startup zprofile for chere support is in my queue of things
to get done for the next zsh release.  Unfortunately, my main server was
sick all last week and I have only recently gotten things to be stable
again.  I'll see if I can't squeeze it out in the next day or so.

With reguard to migrating startup files to the base-files package...
well... I suppose it would be nice to have both zsh and tcsh's startup
scripts integrated in with the rest of the base shells.

What do others think on this?  Corinna?  Any plans along this line for
tcsh?

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>