Re: fortune-1.99.1

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 11:22:06AM -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:

> > > ... but wouldn't mean the same, of course, because that would be too easy.
> > > Keep it in English please.  "Deutsch" would be incorrect in this context
> > > anyway.  *If* you want to use it, say "deutsche quotes", but that's bad
> > > English ;-)
> > >
> > > I'm wondering if we should add a "WARNING: Contains potentially offensive
> > > texts"(*) to the sdesc in setup.hint.  Not that I like the idea, but it
> > > seems appropriate to avoid more discussion on the list.  What do you think?
> > >
> > > Oh, yes, the package itself looks ok to me.  I'll upload it after you,
> > > Yitzchak, have said a word about the sdesc.
> >
> > How about:
> >
> > sdesc: "Print a random selection from a database of adages, some offensive"
> > category: Games
> > requires: cygwin libiconv2
>
> I like Corinna's suggestion of adding "may contain offensive material"
> instead, just to emphasize that offensive material in default fortunes is
> not a regular occurrence, and is a bug.

Ok.  I just didn't want to make it too long, but I see a number of packages
have lengths > 80.

Corinna, please use the following, or your wording, or adjust however you want:

sdesc: "Print a random, hopefully interesting, adage; may contain offsensive material"
category: Games
requires: cygwin libiconv2

> That said, is there a reason your setup.hint doesn't have an ldesc?

I couldn't think of what to say?  Almost 10% of packages don't have one.