Re: wget postinstall and setup (MAXB please take note)

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 02:07:13PM -0500, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:

There is no drawback using nontsec because that's how all other files were installed in the first place.

maxb -- can we consider this a needed urgent fix? This is a long-standing problem which is causing people a lot of problems.

Just to confirm:

The decision is that setup will set CYGWIN=nontsec and it is the responsibility of maintainers who need ntsec in postinstall scripts to explicitly enable it.

Sounds easy - just add a putenv("CYGWIN=nontsec") in main().

Do I wait a few days to allow the maintainers to check/change their postinstalls, or do I release a new setup tonight?

BTW, the permissions on setup.exe on sourceware are such that only you can change it.
If accidental, could you fix, so I can release a new setup myself?

Thanks,

Max.