Re: Update: perl-Win32-GUI, perl-libwin32

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 10:44:19AM +0100, Reini Urban wrote:
>@ perl-Win32-GUI

To quote from http://cygwin.com/setup.html :

  A line that begins with a "@" behaves similarly to the setup.ini field
  (see below).  It overrides the package name for the enclosing
  directory.  This is an optional entry.  It is intended only for
  historical packages where the package name is different from the name
  of the directory in which the package resides.  This should not be
  necessary for "modern" setup.hint filesa.

I don't know what's causing the epidemic of package maintainers thinking
they need '@' but it seems like this is almost a FAQ.  Of course since
there is already documentation indicating that this field is not
necessary, I don't think that a FAQ would do much good.

cgf