RE: mkcramfs & mkfs.jffs2 packages

> > Marion,
> >
> >   I'd be happy to work with you on the initial package release,
> > and I'm willing to take on maintenance responsibility for them
> > after the initial release.
> >
> Thanks for your proposition. I hadn't realized that an official
> maintainer should have been delivered with the package and I'm glad
> you're feeling up to do it.

Great!

> >   What versions of these utilities are you working with?
> For mkcramfs the original code was taken from ELDK
> (cramfs-0.0.1) since
> my target is a PPC the tool must have an option to switch endianness.
> For mkfs.jffs2 code was taken in the MTD snapshot dated from
> 03.12.2004
> (version 1.42).

We're using cramfs-1.1 from the sourceforge site, plus patches.  The
mkfs.jfss2 code shouldn't be too much of a problem, as we're using a
snapshot From January of this year, and the only major changes I think
we've had to make were just aimed at getting the code to compile under
Cygwin.

If you can post a link to your sources, I can take a look and see how
different they are from what we're using, and see about putting together
an initial source and binary package for Cygwin.

-Samrobb