Re: Please upload: doxygen v1.4.2-20050410 (2nd take)

Hi Max,

Max Bowsher wrote:
Thanks! Some further issues:

In setup.hint, the first letter of an sdesc is typically capitalized
- just run setup.exe and look at the descriptions visible in the
package picker to see what other packages do.
Will fix at the next turn of the crank (if that's ok)!

The naming of the packages has a problem: Cygwin packages are
NAME-VERSION-RELEASE, of which only NAME may further "-" characters.
Since the upstream package contains a "-" within it's version,
changing this to a "_" would be a suitable workaround. Thus, the
binary package would be named: doxygen-1.4.2_20050410-1.tar.bz2.
Question: is the -1 at the end required? What is it supposed to mean? The release# under cygwin?
Anyways, I will change first '-' to '_' at the next turn of the crank!

A source package should be labelled with the addition of "-src", not
"_src".
Ditto.

Thanks for accomodating my request that the original upstream source
be included. It is more usual to include the upstream tarball itself,
though. Despite this being only an intermediate snapshot, it is
available as a tarball: http://www-kp3.gsi.de/~kp3softd/doxygen/.
Ditto

My name has no "c" in it. :-)
Oops.

One further suggestion: I think it would be appropriate to include
only the html version of the manual. Including the PDF format too
substantially increases the size of the package, for no real gain -
it's just duplication.
I never liked pdf docs, if I can use html docs instead. Will drop pdf docs at the next turn of the crank!

H.